* This recipe shared with us by Emily Nash of Consecon. These delightful treats were a hit at our 2014 Lavender Festival. Thank you, Emily! *
1 tbsp Lavender Florets – Hidcote
¾ cup + 1 tbsp white sugar
½ cup butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
Zest of 1 lemon
½ tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
- Blend lavender florets and 1 tablespoon sugar in a spice blender or coffee grinder until fine. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add butter and remaining ¾ cup sugar. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours (or in freezer for 45 minutes) until the dough is well chilled.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into two long logs 1 inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour to firm up dough for slicing.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Slice logs into ½ inch rounds and place on cookie sheet. Dust with coarse white sugar and lavender florets for and added touch.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just golden at the edges.